Our new e-Learning course provides a simple solution to ensure all staff have access to a quality introduction to race equality. Based on a programme designed for the University of Surrey, this tailorable course is aimed at all staff within an institution and complements our other support in the area of tackling racism and race inequalities.
The course is more challenging and provocative than other offers and sets out race equality in the higher education context.
The course is available to purchase on an institutional licence. To find out the cost to implement the e-Learning course across your institution complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
The benefits for your staff and institution
Through purchasing this e-Learning course for your institution, you will:
- support your institution's work towards race equality
- help all staff members think about how to start tackling race inequality in their role
- challenge and provoke staff to support changes in behaviour
- receive a product that is easy to access and integrates with your LMS or VLE
- have the option to tailor the course to your own data and input an introduction from an institution sponsor to set the context.
Recommended as two separate modules, the programme can embed institutional policies and contains links to further information to support understanding.
The course covers:
- Race, racism and inequity in HE
- Overt and covert racism
- Whiteness, privilege and advantage
- Inclusion and Belonging
- Building Belonging
- Next Steps
How we worked with University of Surrey
Watch Professor Osama Khan, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Education and Professor in Practice at the University of Surrey, discuss the creation of this e-learning module and its significance.