We also offer a unique Governance Effectiveness Benchmarking service with our governance effectiveness surveys, which can be undertaken on their own or as part of a fuller review. Our extensive anonymous dataset, created from our previous work with a wide variety of different providers, enables us to provide insight and analysis including:
- insights on key themes or trends, such as succession planning for diversity or member participation
- comparative analysis against a set of core indicators with other anonymised providers, or by mission group, size or location. The dataset also allows you to compare whether similarities or differences in views between your lay and staff members are similar to other providers.
Want to find out more?
If you would like to know more about Governance Effectiveness Benchmarking, complete the form below to download the report (available to Advance HE members) and one of our team will be in touch to discuss this further with you.
Understanding Governance Performance and Future Challenges report
We published an insight report for Advance HE members in April 2020 drawing on our large dataset of providers’ governance effectiveness self-assessment survey outcomes. This enabled us to provide a unique view of themes and trends across the sector and identify key areas which providers will wish to watch closely and improve upon. As the dataset continues to grow, we will repeat this analysis to ensure that governing bodies are well informed and focussed on continuous improvement.
Insights from the report reveal that governing bodies must:
- improve their approach to performance reviews of members, including Chairs
- improve their approach to overseeing the performance of their universities and better engage with the development of the long-term institutional strategy to be more proactive and less reactive
- better support student members
- improve diversity.