PTES, PRES and UKES are still going ahead this year. The full fieldwork period began in early February and many institutions have already begun their surveys. At the moment there are no plans to extend the periods, which already run as far as mid-May for PRES and mid-June for UKES and PTES. Our windows are flexible – institutions, can start, stop and pause the survey as they require. Closing on this date will allow us to provide results by the end of the academic year as planned.
However if you feel that, for example, extending the survey periods into the summer could help students have a better opportunity to take part, please contact Surveys@advance-he.ac.uk. If there is widespread agreement to this, we will consider this
We have developed an FAQs document to support participating institutions over this period. You can access the FAQs here.
The student surveys from Advance HE (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey, Postgraduate Research Experience Survey and the UK Engagement Survey) have engaged with over 170,000 students over the last two years. As an Advance HE member your institution can benefit from the discounted (reduced to just £2,500) data and insights from these to:
- Understand and enhance the student academic experience and student engagement at course, faculty and institution-wide levels
- Benchmark performance year-on-year within your institution and ranking in comparison to your peers
- Pinpoint where interventions are most needed for student success in your priority areas, including assessment and feedback, employability and student retention
Over 50% of UK Postgraduate students’ surveyed with 83% of institutions using PRES to drive enhancement of their students’ experiences.
Our Student Surveys
Data and insights
Making your survey data work even harder for you
The surveys provide you with rich data and invaluable insights at individual course, department, school, faculty or institution levels. Included within the package at no extra cost, all surveys participants get:
- An institutional benchmarking report, including dashboard reports and summary tables, all of which are statistically tested
- Access to our user-friendly reporting portal, free of charge, enabling you to interrogate all the survey data yourself and review it in an engaging format
Whatever your role you could benefit by gaining access to this valuable data. Contact us to find out if your institution already participates by phone or using the form below.
Insight and Benchmark reports
All survey participants also have the opportunity to purchase additional reports. Whether you are a course leader, Head of Department, Faculty Dean or Vice-Chancellor / President, these reports enable you to interrogate your annual results and gain invaluable insights for enhancement and genuine competitive advantage: