Following the independent review of the UK Athena Swan Charter which reported its recommendations in Spring 2020, Advance HE is working with the Athena Swan Governance Committee to develop the review systems and processes that underpin the Charter. This development includes revised roles for panel members, increased training and guidance in order to improve the support and clarity for applicants and panel members alike.
While development of other Charter materials continues, Advance HE is pleased to share the Terms of Reference for future UK Athena Swan review panels, which includes the revised roles of Panel Chair and Reviewer.
We are now inviting expressions of interest in Chair and Reviewer roles.
Colleagues interested in applying for Chair and Reviewer roles should register their interest by 12pm Monday 22 February 2021.
Who should apply
We invite expressions of interest from a broad selection of colleagues across the higher education and research sector, including:
- Colleagues based at higher education institutions and research institutes of all sizes and focus areas;
- Colleagues from both STEMM and AHSSBL academic backgrounds;
- Professional, technical and operational (PTO) staff, including those based within academic departments and those based in central directorates;
- Colleagues of all genders;
- Colleagues from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
Shortlisted candidates for Chair roles will be invited to interview on the 11, 12 or 15 March 2021.
Shortlisted candidates for Reviewer roles will be invited to participate in a selection exercise during the weeks commencing 15 and 22 March 2021. The selection exercise for Reviewers will require the review in advance of an Athena Swan application and the participation in a mock panel on one of the dates outlined.