Support from Advance HE
- What input can we expect from Advance HE's Equality charters team?
- Can a member of Advance HE staff look at our submission prior to the deadline?
Membership of Race Equality Charter
- What is the difference between becoming a member and applying for an award?
- What happens if we fail to apply within three years of membership?
Results and award validity
- Will our submission be published online?
- Is there an appeals process?
- How long is our award valid for?
Starting an application
- How long before submitting should we begin the process?
- How long before submitting should we conduct our survey?
- Is there a fee for applications?
- What is included in the word count?
- Can we apply for a word count extension?
- Are quotes included in the word count?
- Our numbers of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff and/or students are small, do we have to disaggregate into specific ethnic groups?
- What should we benchmark against?
- Do we have to supply faculty-level data?
- What level of intersectionality detail is required within our application?
FAQS regarding timings and extensions, submissions and Advance HE support
- Do we need to address Covid-19 in our submission?
- What support is Advance HE offering Athena Swan applicants during Covid-19 restrictions?