Providing assurance about academic governance and the student experience is a core function of the governing body, yet we know that governing bodies can lack confidence in this area and huge changes in approaches to teaching and learning as a result of Covid-19 means that performance may be even harder to gauge.
“The governing body must actively seek and receive assurance that academic governance is robust and effective” CUC HE Code of Governance 2020
We are currently developing an event to take place in June 2021 which will be specifically designed for Chairs and all governors who wish to understand more about how they can assure the quality of education and the student experience appropriately in the light of recent events.
Using our insight from working with over 350 members worldwide and bringing together key partners, you will hear:
- Advance HE experts in teaching and learning sharing evidence on educational developments in the last year and the questions these raise
- Student perspectives on the evidence about lived-experiences in UK HE
- Governor and secretary perspectives and lessons learned on actions taken to achieve effective assurance by the Board
- Regulator insights about expectations and key issues we need to consider.
The event will be an interactive session with opportunity for governors to network in an online environment and share their views as well as ask questions of speakers and each other.
- Develop a better understanding of educational developments, academic governance and assurance in practice
- Develop confidence about their role
- Learn from other governors’ and Board approaches.