Governing bodies are responsible for a number of student-related matters and normally expected to ensure:
- all aspects of the student experience are consistent with the institution's mission and strategic direction.
- services and processes are in place to provide student support.
- they carry out any statutory responsibilities in relation to students which cannot be delegated.
- student unions operate properly and within regulatory requirements.
- student appeals, complaints and disciplinary procedures are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements.