Full and meaningful engagement with equality considerations is key if higher education institutions want to offer all students the chance to succeed, attract the best staff and offer them progression without barriers, and add value to their reputation.
More than just a look at the impact of the first year of our strategic plan on equality and diversity in the sector, the review outlines why equality and diversity are at the core of providing first-class higher education.
The review features comments and feedback from our first annual sector survey in 2011. We hope that the information and spotlights on specific initiatives give you a flavour of what ECU does, why we are here and how we work in partnership with universities and colleges.
Areas covered include:
- Chief executive’s welcome
- No barriers to progression
- The chance to succeed
- Enhancing reputation and adding value
- Our support for universities and colleges
- You said…
- Strategic aims: Evolve = Assist = Transform = Understand
- Working in partnership
- Our work – responding to your priorities
- Our funding in 2011
- Here to help – the ECU team
- A strong board