From 1 February 2018, eligibility for Fellowship was widened to include three groups of HE practitioners that teach and/or support learning on the following types of programmes in the UK:
- Foundation Year programmes;
- Pre-sessional English courses for international degree students designed to develop academic skills;
- Professional CPD programmes that are designed to develop and extend existing graduate/postgraduate level skills, knowledge and understanding, e.g. GP training, etc.
From 1 September 2018, eligibility for Fellowship in Australia and New Zealand was also widened to include these three groups of HE practitioners working within an Australasian context and also practitioners working:
- In partnership with communities (where the development uses structured frameworks informed by a scholarly evidence-base);
- In industry supporting Higher Education students on placements, internships or in Work-Integrated-Learning activities.