Card sorts have been increasingly used in learning and teaching in higher education and business over the past twenty years.
There are a number of such materials produced to support student and employee learning in the career management and employability field both commercially produced and created by individual practitioners.Card sorts by their flexible nature stimulate
- reflection on choices and issues;
- discussion with peers on divergent and similar views;
- ownership of an informed view-point and understanding that other key stake-holders may have different views;
- action Planning and prioritising on the basis of reflection and discussion;
- reviewing of opinions and priorities in the light of further experience.
They also have the capacity to raise awareness about aspects of employability which users may not previously have considered.