A Code of Practice for Fellows
This Code of Practice is a set of principles and expectations for individuals gaining Fellowship. Advance HE defines ‘maintaining our professional practice’ as continuing to work in accordance with the Professional Standards Framework (PSF 2023) for teaching and supporting learning in higher education.
In our professional practice, as Fellows we will:
- Act with respect, integrity and honesty.
- Monitor and critically evaluate our practice to maintain effectiveness in line with the Professional Standards Framework (PSF).
- Engage in appropriate activities to remain up to date with knowledge of learning and teaching, subject matter and assessment.
- Be open to, and conscientious in, responding to feedback from appraisals, peer and student observations.
For the benefit of learners, as Fellows we will:
- Demonstrate our respect for learners by paying due regard to the way we conduct ourselves in our professional lives.
- Be fair, impartial and intentionally focused on equitable outcomes in our engagement with learners.
- Encourage the free exchange of ideas between learners and ourselves.
For the benefit of colleagues, as Fellows we will:
- Show due respect for the opinions of colleagues in the exchange of constructive criticism and ideas.
- Support and actively assist in the professional development of colleagues to ensure effective practice is developed, maintained and enhanced.
- Be aware and take account of, the educational goals, policies, standards and regulations of our employing institution and wider context.