Orientating to impact is essential for understanding what impact means for an Higher education institution, its departments, research teams and staff. Investing time in orientating to the issues can inform strategy development and support effective leadership and management of research through understanding the opportunities and challenges impact presents.
In this section of the toolkit you will find tools for:
- Understanding which definition of impact you are working with
- Being aware of five fundamental principles of impact
- Knowing your drivers for impact
- Understanding the benefits of impact
- Being aware of the challenges impact can raise