Under the Scottish specific duties of the Equality Act 2010, universities and colleges in Scotland were required to publish a set of equality outcomes in April 2013. Your institution reported on progress in 2015 and is then required to publish a new set of outcomes by 30 April 2017.
ECU has provided new guidance to assist your institution in setting its new outcomes. By following a three step process, this briefing will help Scottish universities and colleges to investigate, identify and disseminate new equality outcomes.
Areas covered include:
- Investigating equality issues
- Setting equality outcomes
- Reviewing previous outcomes
- Gathering evidence
- Prioritising outcomes
- Formulating new outcomes
- Aligning equality outcomes with institutional and sector drivers
- Disseminating equality outcomes