Click on the document links below to see the final outcomes of this project.
The project proposes to pilot an approach to mapping out university community and public engagement.
Key aims are to:
- understand and communicate the complexities of multi-layered relationships between HEIs expertise and how it connects with the society around it;
- provide a means for responding better to such complexities and having a greater strategic clarity;
- build institutional connective capacity and develop a holistic approach to public engagement and partnership working;
- become smarter, more efficient, resourceful and agile in responding to societal needs;
To this end we intend to:
- produce an Engagement Atlas which will be a two dimensional visual tool for easy understanding of the university and its connectedness with the society around it. It will comprise
- a series of internal maps capturing the expertise that exists within the university. These will be multi-level maps that operate at different scales, e.g. at the institution-wide level or road maps of schools and departments;
- a series of external maps capturing the university public engagement with external organisations;
- pilot the use of a public engagement repository using an associative mind-mapping software.
- produce a Stakeholder Framework including a partnership toolkit and associated podcasts.
The project will benefit HE senior managers, staff in externally facing roles, new employees, existing and potential partners. The outcomes will be shared with the wider HEI Community.
The project reflects well the Leadership Foundation’s strategic objectives, in particular Building capacity at institutions, Stimulating and sharing innovative practices, and Facilitating transition and change.