A joint university project.
A cross university team involving 3 academic schools Education and Training Humanities and Science student support areas and educational development staff will work to:
- Raise awareness/provide staff development within three schools regarding BME degree attainment
- Undertake curriculum development work using inclusive pedagogy
- Establish a new way of collaborating between student support areas and schools so as to raise expectations of students with a 2.2 degree attainment level through coaching mentoring and a range of support activities
- Ensure impact assessments are tied to curriculum in the area of review and validation
- Undertake a student survey/qualitative interviews focussing on student expectations and aspirations
- Undertake a literature search relating to particular BME groupings – Black African Afro-Caribbean Bangladeshi Pakistani and Indian.
The BME project team have set up a portal group and are establishing a presence on the Office of Student Affairs web page and the Educational Development web page.
Christine Rose Director Office of Student Affairs – C.H.Rose@gre.ac.uk
Mark Webb Senior Lecturer Youth & Community Studies – email@example.com
Caroline Ukoumunne Senior Lecturer Youth & Community Studies – firstname.lastname@example.org
Linnell Secomb Senior Lecturer Sociology – email@example.com
Lucie Pollard Director of Learning and Quality School of Science – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirsteen Coupar Diversity Manager Office of Student Affairs – email@example.com
Rita Headington Educational Development Team – firstname.lastname@example.org