Call for proposals focussing on mental health and wellbeing of students
Advance HE is making funding available for the Small Development Projects of up to £4,000, and for smaller case studies up to £500, which focus on the mental health and wellbeing of students.
Advance HE is particularly interested in:
- What interventions are effective in changing culture and organisational practice in support of better mental health and wellbeing for students?
- What interventions are effective in leading and embedding approaches to addressing mental health and wellbeing of students?
While projects should be focused on leadership, we are keen to hear from projects that consider equality, diversity and inclusion and/or teaching and learning practice in interventions.
All applications must be with us by noon Friday 7 December 2018.
More about Small Development Projects (SDPs)
- SDPs are part of our innovation work and provide Advance HE members with an opportunity to develop and share innovative practice with us and the wider sector. We are particularly looking for activity which might not otherwise attract full funding support within a university or higher education college.
- SDPs were first launched in 2004 as part of the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (now part of Advance HE) membership offer. This membership benefit is therefore available to Advance HE members of the leadership, governance and management strand of activity.
- Our initial research suggests there is greater take-up and lasting change when participants are engaged through more innovative approaches and mediums. Thus, following the successful adoption of new formats for SDP outputs in 2018, including infographics and film/video animation, such approaches are encouraged this year. Infographic-rich short reports are particularly welcome.
- In previous years only 25% of proposals received funding – it is a very competitive process. All proposals will be subject to peer review as part of the selection process.