We are now inviting expressions of interest to join the Committee from a broad selection of colleagues across the higher education and research sector of all sizes and focus areas, including:
- institutional REC leads
- EDI academic backgrounds as well as professional, technical and operational staff
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
- senior sector representatives at PVC / Director or equivalent level with experience dealing with issues related to REC Awards
- experts with experience in race equality and organisational development
- experts with board level experience of EDI from within and/or outside the higher education and research sector.
This is a great opportunity to join the Governance Committee and help shape the development and enhancement of the Race Equality Charter for the future.
"It is important for the Committee to oversee the Charter’s growth to ensure it continues to take direct and meaningful action to advance race equality in higher education and the wider sector.”
Dr Arun Verma, Head of REC at Advance HE
Colleagues interested in applying for membership of the REC Governance Committee should register their interest by 1pm Monday 19 April 2021.