Lucinda joined the University of Bristol as Registrar and University Secretary in March 2019.
After graduating from Goldsmiths College with a BMus in Music, University of London in 1999, Lucinda secured employment there as an Admissions Officer whilst studying for her MMus in Historical Musicology and has continued to work in Higher Education ever since.
In 2013, after almost 13 years at Goldsmiths working across Registry, within Faculty, Governance and Strategic Projects Lucinda left her post as Director of Executive and Governance Services and moved to London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) to become their University Secretary and Registrar and Chief Compliance Officer.
During Lucinda’s time at LSHTM her key achievements include the transfer of two African Medical Research Council units to become part of the university, effectively doubling the size of the institution, and the reshaping of Student and Academic Services to improve student experience and success.
Lucinda is a member of various sector organisations, a member of Advance HE's Governor's advisory forum, and the Company Secretary for a Vaccine Manufacturing and Innovations Centre in Oxford.
- Senior member of the executive group and the university management team; playing a major part in enabling the University to fulfil its vision and mission.
- Leading the University’s professional; educational, student, governance and research services.
- Efficient governance of the University through its Board of trustees and its committees.
- The overall direction and co-ordination of Professional Services alongside the Chief Operating Officer, with specific accountability for the provision of professional services within academic schools and faculties and the following divisions:
- Planning, Governance, Legal, Research & Enterprise, Library, Educational Services, Student Services, Sport & Exercise, Residential & Hospitality Services, Development & Alumni and External Relations.