Tuesday 3 September to Thursday 5 September 2019. Accommodation and evening meal will be available for delegates wishing to arrive ahead of the conference on Monday 2 September.
Registration and attendance at the conference
If your abstract is accepted you will be expected to register as a full paying delegate for the conference.
The NET conference is firmly established as the leading annual conference for networking in healthcare education. NET Conference 2019 is a unique opportunity to share innovation and the latest ideas and experiences with a wide range of colleagues from the UK and overseas. It is for everyone interested in debating the latest developments and thinking in healthcare education: educators, practitioners, researchers and students from all disciplines of the healthcare professions.
The NET conference philosophy is unique and sets it apart from other events. Highly experienced convenors facilitate in-depth and wide-ranging group discussions in time sessions with presenters and delegates contributing to the debate, sharing experiences and networking.
Key features of the NET Conference 2019 include:
- keynote papers from leading speakers;
- specially commissioned workshops;
- presentations within a number of themes;
- a choice of leading-edge symposia;
- papers focusing on research, innovation and issues for debate;
- a range of innovative posters;
- networking time with presenters and delegates;
- complimentary social activity;
- conference dinner and entertainment;
- prizes for best poster, best first-time presenter and best pre-registration student abstract.
Who should attend?
NET2019 is a unique opportunity to share research, innovation and the latest ideas and experiences with a wide range of colleagues from the UK and overseas. It is for everyone interested in debating the latest developments and thinking in healthcare education: educators, practitioners, researchers and students.
This is your opportunity to discover new approaches, network, and return to your workplace stimulated and with new ideas to share.
The NET conference:
- encourages healthcare professionals to debate and reflect on healthcare issues;
- focuses on networking for those with shared interests;
- encourages lifelong learning.
NET2019 Conference Themes
- Developing the future healthcare education workforce
- Education in clinical practice and practice development
- Educational enhancement
- E-Learning/blended learning
- Humanising healthcare education
- Inclusivity in healthcare education
- Internationalisation and global challenges in healthcare education
- Interprofessional learning and working
- Learning and teaching strategies
- Partnership working
- Social, economic and policy drivers in healthcare education
- Student experiences and engagement
- Using simulation to enhance learning
|NET2019 Conference rates||Early Bird Rate (to 1 July 2019)||Standard Rate|
|Whole conference attendance (3-5 September) Includes day attendance on 3 September, 4 September and 5 September. Does not include breakfast, evening meal or accommodation||£520.00||£580.00|
|Wednesday 4-Thursday 5 September Does not include gala dinner on 4 September||£405.00||£450.00|
|Student whole conference attendance (3-5 September) Includes day attendance on 3 September, 4 September and 5 September. Does not include breakfast, evening meal or accommodation Eligible with a full-paying member of staff from your institution||N/A||£290|
|Student one-day attendance Eligible with a full-paying member of staff from your institution||N/A||£175|
|Student Wednesday 4-Thursday 5 September Does not include gala dinner on 4 September. Eligible with a full-paying member of staff from your institution||N/A||£225|
|Networking dinner (Tues 3 Sep) for non B&B (inc. VAT)||N/A||£27.00|
|Gala dinner (Wed 4 Sep) (inc. VAT)||N/A||£50.00|
|Accommodation Barnes Hall, Keele University (Mon 2 Sep) (inc. VAT) Includes breakfast and evening meal||N/A||£99.00|
|Accommodation Barnes Hall, Keele University (Tues 3 Sep) (inc. VAT) Includes breakfast and networking dinner||N/A||£99.00|
|Accommodation Barnes Hall, Keele University (Wed 4 Sep) (inc. VAT) Includes breakfast but does not include evening meal||N/A||£72.00|
‘A great three days, excellent to see healthcare research innovations in a global context.’ Resuscitation Officer, England
‘NET enabled me to network with educators, practitioners, researchers and fellow students within an international context. It provided me with ideas for future projects and developments in health and social care. It also gave me the courage to consider a career in healthcare education. Thank you for the great experience!’ Student Nurse, Scotland
‘The NET conferences are the best I have ever attended and due, in great measure, to the excellent organisation and thoughtfulness that goes into planning the detail of each aspect of the conference. It draws excellent participants.’ Senior Lecturer, South Africa
‘It was a great experience and my first conference. It has inspired me to want to present again.’ Lecturer, England
‘I was privileged to have the opportunity to hear about all of the amazing work that is happening worldwide in terms of nursing practice and nurse education. The conference was a very uplifting experience which has inspired me to make use of the connections I made to improve the work that I do.’ Practice Experience Manager, England