In response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak we have changed the delivery method of this event to online. Revised joining instructions will be sent to delegates as part of the booking process. See our COVID-19 updates page for the latest information on our services.
Each institution is provided with two free places one of which must include designated Aurora champion.
Following the successful roll out of Aurora champion events in 2019 we will be repeating these events in 2020 allowing us to continue to build relationships and support the Aurora champion community, as well as providing a platform for the sharing of best practice amongst providers.
The 2019 events were a huge success providing Advance HE with a space to talk through and seek feedback on future developments for Aurora, culminating in a report the recommendations of which are currently being taken forward as part of our ‘Aurora Enhancement Project’.
A key part of the success of Aurora to date has been the engagement and commitment of the network of Aurora champion’s who support women’s leadership within institutions and drive change and best practice. As Aurora continues to grow to over 6k alumni and its impact is felt throughout the sector, we are keen to further consult with this important community on how Aurora can continue to address the under-representation of women in leadership in HE.
This year we will be holding three free face to face consultation events across the country in order to understand the opportunities and challenges champions face in advocating for gender diversity in leadership, and hear their feedback on the programme. We are aiming to host these events at the venue for the last day of the London 1, Edinburgh and Dublin cohorts and will end each event with a networking lunch with the delegates from these cohorts. This will provide an opportunity to share experiences in an informal setting as well as providing champions the chance to experience the ‘feel’ of a real life Aurora day.
Who’s it for?
Any Aurora champion or member of staff involved in championing Aurora. Each institution is provided with two free places one of which must include designated Aurora champion.
What will the event include?
- Feedback on the updates to Aurora for 2020/21 including the work of the Aurora Enhancement Project which is taking forward a number of recommendations from the 2019 champion events
- Update on Aurora and plans for 2020/21including further recommendations for enhancement
- Sharing of how institutions are using Aurora to advance gender equality, engagement and progress
- Sharing of best practice around key activity such as internal recruitment, mentoring support etc
- Building a network of champions
- Working with champions to identify opportunity within Aurora and women's leadership development