As part of our enhanced range of member benefits for the 2019-20 academic year, we are running a series of webinars which cover the themes of ‘facing the future’ and ‘global perspectives’, and will focus on creating and sharing new knowledge as well as an opportunity to engage in discussion with colleagues from Advance HE member institutions globally.
The fourth webinar of the Facing the Future Series is entitled ‘Doing leadership – with humanity, from the middle out’. The objective is to provide thought-provoking, forward-looking ideas and to stimulate discussion on the role of higher education in the era of Leading the Academy 2025. All those joining the webinar will be invited to take part in the discussion.
People tasked with ‘showing leadership’ frequently find their actions constrained by time-hungry, admin-burdened systems and ill-fitting structures. When the resources to ‘do leadership’ with are squeezed to the limit and people to lead-with feel similarly, the task can seem invidious.
There are ways and means! In this webinar, we explore the experiences of finding the wiggle room in the HE systems to do leadership with humanity and of finding a voice in evolving said systems towards ‘better’.
Our panel of speakers includes:
- Emma Watton, Senior Teaching Fellow, Lancaster University
- Alison Keyworth, Director of the Institute of Education, Plymouth Marjon University
- Gillian Golder, Director of School - Marjon Education Partnership, Plymouth Marjon University
- Dr Saul Bloxham, Director of the School of Sport, Health and Wellbeing, Plymouth Marjon University
- Dr Emily Beaumont, Director of Marjon Business, Plymouth Marjon University
- Sarah McAdam, Director of the School of Arts and Humanities, Plymouth Marjon University
- Jo Chaffer, Advance HE Leadership and Management Senior Advisor. Ahead of the webinar Jo blogs about 'Leading with Humanity'. Read Jo's blog here.