Future Professional Directors (FPD) is a unique programme for colleagues in professional services from all areas of the institution. Developed in partnership with nine sector bodies, it builds the confidence and skills needed to lead successfully within and across professional services and the wider institution. This intensive programme includes three modules, two action learning sets, and online learning.
Application deadline for the next cohort is Wednesday 15 May 2019.
This programme has three core residential modules involving case studies, simulations, action learning sets and an online enquiry process. Each module features a centre-piece activity that complements its theme:
- Module one: Leading in a culture of change - Tuesday 2nd to Thursday 4th July 2019, Northamptonshire
- Webinar - Thursday 25th July 2019
- 360 Day and Action Learning Set 1 - Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th September 2019
- Module two: Leading across the organisation - Thursday 14th and Friday 15th November 2019
- Action Learning Set 2 - Thursday 12th December 2019
- Challenge Group Deadline - Friday 10th January 2020
- Module three: Leading strategic engagement - Wednesday 12th to Thursday 13th February 2020
Future professional directors gives you the opportunity to work on three work-based leadership challenges across the lifespan of the programme within self-directed peer groups. Alongside the modules, participants will also take part in a 360-degree diagnostic, personal coaching and action learning sets, as well as hearing from a range of excellent contributors, enabling you to review your personal approach to leading and managing. Several past participants have secured success in director-level roles post completion, which illustrates the power and impact of this valued programme.
Different components of the programme will run over the course of eight months.
Professional Heads of Department, Managers, Deputy and Assistant Directors, Project Managers and Administrators.