This virtual event is specifically designed for Chairs and all governors who wish to understand more about how they can assure the quality of education and the student experience appropriately in the light of recent events.
Using our insight from working with over 350 members worldwide and bringing together key partners, you will hear:
- Advance HE experts in teaching and learning sharing evidence on educational developments in the last year and the questions these raise
- Student perspectives on the evidence about lived-experiences in UK HE
- Governor and secretary perspectives and lessons learned on actions taken to achieve effective assurance by the Board
- Regulator insights about expectations and key issues we need to consider.
The event will be an interactive session with opportunity for governors to network in an online environment and share their views as well as ask questions of speakers and each other.
- Develop a better understanding of educational developments, academic governance and assurance in practice
- Develop confidence about their role
- Learn from other governors’ and Board approaches.
9.30am - Welcome and introductions - Aaron Porter, Associate Director (Governance), Advance HE
9.50am - HE Policy landscape - focus on learning and teaching - Charlotte Snelling, Policy Manager, Universities UK
10.10am - What will the changing regulatory landscape mean for individual institutions and governing bodies?
10.35am - Panel session - How do we hear the student voice in our governance?
11.05am - Break
11.20am - What does national research tell us about the student experience? - Jonathan Neves, Head of Business Intelligence and Surveys, Advance HE
11.50am - Reimagining student engagement
12.20pm - Breakout rooms
12.45pm - Plenary
13.00pm - Close