For Registrars, Clerks, Secretaries and governance professionals.
Secretaries and Clerks are pivotal to board success. This event provides those new and continuing in the role an opportunity to work together on issues critical for their own professional contribution and that of their governors.
Governing bodies and senior management teams depend on professional staff, including Clerks and Secretaries to manage the changes required to meet the needs of an evolving operating environment. The meeting of the national network of governance professionals brings together these individuals, who are often expected to inform and advise governing bodies on changes affecting their roles and responsibilities.
This annual networking event is organised in partnership with the Association of Heads of University Administration (AHUA). The event will consist of presentations from leading figures in governance and breakout sessions which are designed to enable discussion and the sharing of emerging practice on key areas of change in institutional governance.
The event will also explore a range of other topics such as:
• Issues of higher education governance that have emerged over the last 12 months and remain challenging, and scenarios for the future shape of the higher education sector.
• Lessons to be learned from what has happened in governance in other sectors over the last year.
• Lessons from effectiveness reviews.
• Approaches to supporting the induction and professional development of governing body members.
• Keeping abreast of new developments and responsibilities for governing bodies (including academic governance)
• Managing relationships, both on the governing body and in the institution.