Employability is a complex concept, often ill-defined or not defined at all (Gazier 1998). So what is it we are all working towards?
With the context of Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and the Government White paper providing a new landscape it is clear that now, more than ever, employability matters - but what is it exactly we are seeking to develop in our students, and are we getting it right?
This workshop will have an emphasis on how to engage with the Advance HE Embedding Employability Framework as a practical tool to support the curriculum design, whilst also considering how we better align our provision beyond the curriculum.
- better understand the Advance HE Framework for Embedding Employability in Higher Education and how to use this in practice;
- better understand the importance of language related to employability activity;
- develop confidence in discussing key issues around employability;
- gain insight into how teaching and learning activities align and support a more co-ordinated approach to employability;
- explore practical approaches to embedding specific features of employability with case study examples.