This online event is still currently planned to take place on the date shown however we are continually monitoring the situation in light of the current global COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. We will up-date this page if there are any changes. See our COVID-19 updates page for the latest information on our services.
Higher Education Leadership in the Pandemic Age is not necessarily taking on a new dimension, but it is dialing-up a key set of leadership approaches in a way that is markedly more focused and magnified. The five faces of transformational leadership that have come to the fore in the discussions, interactions and collective learning that has made up the large-scale Creating Socially Distanced Campuses and Education (SDCE) project are as follows:
- crisis leadership
- courageous leadership
- compassionate leadership
- collaborative leadership
- creative leadership.
The online workshops at the heart of the SDCE project which took place in May, attended by participants from the UK and around the World, senior colleagues with responsibility for planning, leading and managing educational programmes, enabled Advance HE to produce for the sector a series of Leadership Intelligence Reports. This webinar features the last of these, the Capstone Report, which focuses on leadership itself with links to three other over-arching themes: communication, partnership, and wellbeing. The journey from crisis to connected campus is the story of HE leadership that we are currently seeing unfold.
The webinar will be lead by the following panel:
- Doug Parkin (Chair), Principal Adviser for Leadership and Management, Advance HE
- Alison Johns, Chief Executive Officer, Advance HE
- Andrew Wilson Former President of Edinburgh University Students’ Association, UK
- Dr Helen Galbraith, Academic Registrar and Director of Student and Academic Services, Keele University, UK
- Professor Shân Wareing , Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of Northampton, UK
- Dr Giles Brown, Consultant author and Advance HE Associate