As the Covid19 pandemic has created a need for a greater shift to home working, now and for the future, HE employers are facing new and in some cases, unforeseen, sets of challenges and circumstances that often can have a negative impact on equality.
In collaboration with UHR: Universities Human Resources, this session led by Advance HE’s Senior Advisor Ellen Pugh will consider:
- What do we mean by the homeworking environment and what particular aspects do we need to consider?
- Isolation and mental health
- Supporting caring including home schooling responsibilities
- HEIs responses – sharing insights and best practice
- How can Advance HE support the sector?
Ellen is well known for her work in the sector around equality, particularly from a gender perspective and as a working mother has direct personal experience of the shift to online and home based working when caring for her family. This webinar will be a mix of stimulus content and questions posed to delegates together with a Q&A and opportunity to share insights and best practice with other colleagues. Ellen has previously written a blog on this issue. Read the blog here.