This is an online programme with synchronous and asynchronous activities which consist of a mixture of whole cohort/ collaborative/individual activities. The online format provides added flexibility, acknowledging the time pressures faced by academics.
The programme is divided into six learning blocks, requiring roughly 3-4 hours of study each week, over six weeks; a 90-minute live interactive session and approximately 1-2 hours of directed study. Each live session will be recorded and the resources will be made available to participants for an additional month afterward the formal end of the course on Advance HE’s virtual learning environment. The online format provides added flexibility, acknowledging the time pressures faced by teaching staff.
Programme structure (the order of specific weeks are subject to change)
- Week 1: Introduction to learning and teaching & building communities of learners (Live session 16 February, 10am-11:30am)
- Week 2: Inclusive teaching practice (Live session 23 February, 10am-11:30am)
- Week 3: Planning, Learning Outcomes & Assessment and Feedback (Live session 2 March, 10am-11:30am)
- Week 4: Effective approaches to online or virtual teaching (Live session 9 March, 10am-11:30am)
- Week 5: The Tech Clinic, a showcase of tools & Reflective Practice and Action Planning (Live session 16 March, 10am-11:30am)
- Week 6: Microteaching: A chance to try teaching online (Live session 23 March, 10am-11:30am)