This two-day conference highlights cutting-edge pedagogies, innovations and research taking place across the STEM sector through a variety of peer-led sessions. Respected keynotes provide insightful speeches to stimulate discussion on key issues facing the STEM community. The conference is the ideal opportunity to collaborate and learn from other HE STEM professionals, consider the benefits of cross-disciplinary projects, build networks and share best practice.
The conference will:
- create space for delegates to engage with creative thinking around STEM teaching and learning issues to enhance the student experience;
- increase knowledge and confidence of delegates to enhance their STEM teaching practice and have a positive impact on the success of their students; and
- engage with leaders and influencers from across the HE sector who share a passion for continuous improvement and enhancement of STEM teaching and learning in HE.
Under the overarching theme of STEM Graduates for a changing world, presentations and workshops will address one or more of the following propositions:
- Proposition 1: STEM graduates need to develop knowledge, skills, values and behaviours required to create a more sustainable world.
- Proposition 2: Curricula should foster students’ understanding of how their discipline intersects with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Proposition 3: STEM graduates need to develop cross-cultural competency and understand how human rights, gender equality and global citizenship impact on the global workplace.
- Proposition 4: The changing workplace will require STEM graduates to reflect on their personal goals, skills and attributes, and adopt resilient and flexible approaches to learning.
- Proposition 5: Delivering a world of change requires strong individual and team leadership. All students should have the opportunity to develop and evaluate their personal leadership styles or lead and manage individual, team and/or multidisciplinary projects.
Join the conversation at #STEMConf20
Call for papers
|STEM Conference 2019||Standard Rate|
|1 Day Attendance||£250.00 member / £335.00 non-member|
|2 Day Attendance||£460.00 member / £615.00 non-member|
|Conference Dinner 29th January||£60 (inc VAT)|