Teaching and learning in higher education continues to be an area of constant change with staff, students and institutions still developing and evolving their models of higher education as we emerge from the pandemic. Join us at the Advance HE Teaching and Learning Conference 2023 to discuss how we can shape the future of teaching and learning in higher education across the globe and share how you are shaping your teaching, your department, your institution and your future in higher education.
Ongoing debates across the globe focus on teaching excellence, value, the student experience, student engagement and student success and, in some countries including the UK, the topic of fees and the current rise in the cost of living adds to the tensions. Add to this the continuing discussions around flexible modes of deliveryfrom hyflex to in person, online or hybrid. What blend of these should we use? What blend do our students want? Is this changing over time? Is this evolving? Does it vary by discipline, the level of study, regulatory requirements, or student characteristics?
The complexity of the challenge and the recognition that no-one model suits all, means there is no better time to work together, to share practice, learn from our success and our failures to work together to shape the future of teaching in higher education. Whether you are a Small and Specialist provider, a post-92 institution, an independent provider, a Russell Group university, a college-based higher education provider or any other institution offering tertiary education there are common challenges and common learning and #TLConf23 is the place to support this.
The theme Teaching in the Spotlight: Shaping the future of HE will address the following areas and themes:
- Shaping the future by challenging the norm
- Shaping the future through education for sustainable development
- Shaping the future through flexible teaching and learning
- Shaping the future of inclusive teaching
- Shaping the future through staff-student curriculum co-creation
- Shaping the future through engagement – students, employers, community, alumni
- Shaping the future through immersive learning experiences
Who should attend?
Teaching practitioners including: Heads of departments, academic programme leaders and developers, lecturers, academic and support staff, and learning technologists.
The conference will:
- Create space for delegates to engage in creative thinking around teaching and learning towards continuous enhancement and innovation of the student experience.
- Increase knowledge and confidence of delegates to continue to develop and improve their teaching practice and have a positive impact on the success of their students.
- Engage with leaders and influencers from across the HE sector who share the passion for teaching and learning for student success in HE.
Sponsor - Evasys
A leading provider of survey and evaluation solutions, evasys has more than 60 higher education customers across the UK and Ireland and over 1,000, worldwide.
evasys enables universities and colleges to streamline module evaluation and student surveys, whilst driving up response rates and helping to close the student feedback loop – and, ultimately, contributing to improvements in NSS outcomes, particularly around Student Voice.
Widely integrated with other education technology systems such as virtual learning environments (VLEs) and student portals, evasys provides instant and detailed feedback reports for course and module leaders, as well as extensive insights and management information for academic managers.
Fully supported pilots of evasys are available to allow institutions to easily understand the benefits of a central, digital system that enhances student engagement/retention and facilitates module and course leader engagement.