We know that, regardless of discipline, developing graduates for successful trajectories beyond university is of critical importance. Enabling our graduates to have a positive impact, whether that be through creating value that is economic, social, cultural, or environmental – or indeed a mixture of each, is the embodiment of this success.
The event, by way of oral presentations, workshops and posters, will provide a space to discuss and share latest practices in embedding employability among a network of peers. The symposium will focus on employability initiatives that are inclusive and provide equitable opportunities and will address the following themes within higher education:
- Enterprise Education
- Authentic Assessment
- Work Integrated Learning
- The 3Es from a careers perspective
- Inter/Multi-disciplinary approaches
Join the conversation: Tweet your thoughts and comments about the Employability Symposium at #EmpSymp23.
- To provide an open and supportive environment within which to share and discuss contemporary practice and initiatives in employability;
- To identify challenges, propose solutions and create a safe space to think forward;
- To develop a principled, and evidence-informed, approach to devising subsequent support and guidance for change(s) with regards to enhancing employability;
- To develop a compendium of case studies that will help shape and inform the sector.
Who should attend?
Teaching practitioners including: heads of departments, academic programme leaders and developers, all lecturing staff, learning technologists and staff focused on employability including those in careers departments and with employer liaison roles.