A Board Development Session, which can be conducted on site or remotely, can provide much needed time and space to develop an institution’s vision, nurture relationships between members and encourage new approaches.
We facilitate and lead away days that focus on strategy, training and induction, allowing Governors to concentrate on key points for your institution, including:
- exploring key sector-wide issues and their implications for your institution
- reviewing the effectiveness of governing body and senior team relations and ways of working
- institutional ethos and culture
- responding to the changing regulatory approach to HE e.g. in England
- developing the effectiveness of committees such as remuneration, estates, finance, or audit
- monitoring performance against strategic plans
- striking the balance between governance and management.
Want to find out more?
If you would like to know more about Board Development Sessions, complete the form below to download the information sheet and one of our team will be in touch to discuss this further with you.
Working with Advance HE to facilitate your board development session will ensure that your institution gets the best possible value from the experience. We can support with developing the agenda, producing materials and resources for use on the day, and contributing to action planning to drive real change at your institution.
Why Advance HE?
Advance HE is at the forefront of providing support to boards, individual governors and staff such as clerks and secretaries to improve governance effectiveness.
We support good governance throughout HE by facilitating the sharing of practice, upskilling and professionalising support with a focus on behaviours as well as process, and providing benchmarked, independent challenge and advice, as well as other bespoke support.