Choice + Value
From our extensive consultation with you we have identified that the focus of our work should be on providing insight and foresight, accrediting and celebrating success, developing and connecting people, and enhancing organisational performance. In doing this we will build on work in the areas of excellence in education, transformative leadership, equality and inclusion and effective governance.
Enquire about Advance HE Membership
If you would like to enquire about Advance HE Membership and the benefits to you, complete the form below and we will be in touch shortly to discuss your requirements.
Your member benefits
The 2019 - 20 membership year saw the introduction of a significantly enhanced range of member benefits. These benefits are detailed within this page and are also summarised in the downloadable document below.
Member benefits are accessible to all those who work for an Advance HE member institution.
We recognise that not all members are in a position to use all of these services, so our new membership model allows you to choose only the accreditation services that you engage with.
+ Strategic Advisory Groups will consider the major challenges facing our members and will outline how Advance HE should respond, ensuring our services truly meet the needs of our members.
+ We will work with you to agree a programme of national priorities for each UK nation and will develop new knowledge and publications in response to these.
+ Accreditation packages now include visits, webinars and guidance to support successful applications.
+ Engaging members in developing new insight through Good Practice Grants.
+ We will use our convening power to connect people to develop solutions in education, equality, leadership and governance to drive synergies and optimise output and impact
+ We have launched Advance HE Connect – a new networking platform to connect staff at all our member organisations so they can share and collaborate.
+ Through systematically evaluating the impact of our work, we evidence ‘what works’ so you can benefit from accessing best practice support and services.
Creating your membership package
Advance HE Membership works to provide choice and value for a shared purpose, making higher education better for everyone. Choose how your institution accesses our membership; accesses our range of curated knowledge, research and guidance; participates in our facilitated networks and awards; and benefits from our discounted development and enhancement services.
Your Advance HE Membership includes:
Advance HE Connect
Convene and Participate
Teaching Excellence Awards
Connect Event Series
Foresight and Insight
With over 15 years of resources to access and as convener of current thinking, knowledge and insight into the key sector opportunities and challenges, Advance HE exists to help higher education shape its future. We offer expertise in the areas of excellence in education, transformative leadership, equality and inclusion and effective governance.
Good Practice Grant Funding
New Resources and Online Programmes
+ Research Leaders Toolkit
+ Governance Self-Assessment Toolkit
+ Essentials of Budgeting online course
+ NEW Strategic Finance online course (from Autumn)
+ ‘Facing the Future’ webinars – a focus onpreparing for future challenges (every two months)
+ ‘Global Perspectives’ webinars – a focus on learning from global good practice (every two months)
Over 8,000 Support Resources
Dedicated Head of Membership
+ Supporting you to engage with complex challenges and share good practice between member institutions
+ Ensuring you access the services that best support your institutional objectives and help you prepare for emerging challenges and opportunities.
Accreditation Package Options – choose your focus, recognise your success
You can choose to access your membership through any of Advance HE’s Accreditation routes. Choose one or more of the following institutional package options to support and recognise your success.
Affiliate Membership of Advance HE gives you access to world-leading services which will support you in helping you shape your future in today’s highly competitive HE market.
Discounted access to key development and enhancement opportunities
All Advance HE member institutions benefit from:
Why choose Advance HE Membership for your institution?
- Our accreditation packages are nationally and internationally recognised best practice approaches.
- Partner with the leading national body dedicated to helping you improve teaching, leadership, equality and governance.
- Through Strategic Advisory Groups, members shape the work Advance HE undertakes, so is always working in your interests.
- Benefit from two years of member-only access to the results of the new knowledge and solutions we co-create in response to sector and institutional strategic priorities.
Upcoming Member Events (England and Northern Ireland)
- The Athena SWAN Networking Events scheduled for 24 March, 25 March, and 1 April will now be replaced by a virtual event (date tbc)
- The Race Equality Charter Networking (North) Event scheduled for 1 July (along with the as yet unscheduled South event) will be replaced by a virtual event (date tbc)
- The Athena SWAN Enhancing Practice event scheduled for 14 May will be reconfigured to support virtual participation and will still run on 14 May.
- The REC Enhancing Practice event scheduled for 28 May will be reconfigured to support virtual participation and will still run on 28 May.
- The Senior Fellowship Standardisation event scheduled for 19 March 2020 at UCL will now be delivered online and will still run on the 19 March.
- Two Principal Fellowship Standardisation events scheduled for 24 March at University of Exeter and 22 April at University of Edinburgh will now be delivered online and will run on the days planned.
If you have any questions about these changes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Member Events (Wales)
- The project meeting for the Wales Higher Education Wellbeing Initiative (WHEWI) on 1st April will be postponed, with elements delivered online and via 1:1 engagement.
- Plans are in place to move Welsh member networks to be held remotely and with conversations supported online via Advance HE Connect. This includes upcoming Welsh Institutional Group (WIG) and EDI network meetings scheduled for 13 and 14 May, respectively, as well as the Organisational and Staff Development (OSD) network on 19 May.
If you have any queries relating to member events in Wales please contact Wales@advance-he.ac.uk
Upcoming Member Events (Scotland)
- The Getting to Grips with Principal Fellowship event on 24 March will be postponed and delivered online after the Easter break (final date tbc)
- Module three of the Scottish Academic Leadership Programme, scheduled for the 26 March, will be postponed, allowing it and subsequent modules to be delivered virtually later this year.
- The face to face Connect Event for Members on leadership scheduled for 28 May in Edinburgh may have to be replaced with an online event. This continues to be under review.
If you have any queries relating to member events in Scotland please contact Scotland@advance-he.ac.uk