We understand it is essential that Advance HE membership supports you to deliver your institutional strategies and overcome challenges.
Our member benefits provide access to resources, insights, networks and
communities, the priorities for which are determined by our members through a series of strategic advisory groups and your ongoing feedback. Whether it is through webinars, thriving online communities via Advance HE Connect, our PVC network, the Good Practice Grant series or toolkits and publications, membership of Advance HE is designed to develop staff and to enhance performance.
Advance HE Membership 2020-21
A world wide pandemic determines the extraordinary context in which we launch Advance HE membership for 2020-21. It will shape our work as your sector development agency as we navigate these challenges together.
We work closely with our members and in recent months our conversations have focused on how our services will help to support the transition and transformation ahead. Through these conversations you have confirmed that for the coming year Advance HE should focus our support in four key areas:
designing flexible educational programmes
strengthening leadership and governance capability
understanding and mitigate the equalities impact of the changes ahead.
Advance HE Membership comprises the following:
Advance HE Membership Benefits 2020 – 21
Advance HE accreditation options
Covid-19 - Ensuring sustainability and readiness for the new normal
Advance HE brings us together as a sector to help tackle the ‘bigger than us’ challenges. Initiatives that support sector-wide enhancement such as Athena SWAN, the Professional Standards Framework, Race Equality Charter, and the National Teaching Fellowship Scheme, add real value and strengthen us all. In the current climate it feels more important than ever for the sector to find means to collaborate to address the challenges we face, and Advance HE can help us achieve this together.”
Professor Becky Huxley-Binns, PVC Education, University of Hull
Advance HE Membership Packages
Advance HE has membership packages to suit your institution's requirements.
Membership for institutions in the UK
This package of Membership gives you access to the full range of our core member benefit services plus our accreditation options (Athena SWAN, REC and/or Teaching and Learning Accreditation).
Membership for Welsh institutions
Advance HE membership for institutions in Wales together post-16 education-focused expertise in teaching and learning, equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI), leadership and management and governance.
Affiliate Membership for institutions in the UK
Affiliate Membership of Advance HE gives you access to world-leading services which will support you in helping you shape your future in today’s highly competitive HE market.
Research Institute Membership in the UK
Research Institute Membership provides you with access to resources, insights, networks and communities, the priorities for which are determined by our members through a series of strategic advisory groups and your ongoing feedback
Why choose Advance HE Membership for your institution?
- Our accreditation packages are nationally and internationally recognised best practice approaches.
- Partner with the leading national body dedicated to helping you improve teaching, leadership, equality and governance.
- Through Strategic Advisory Groups, members shape the work Advance HE undertakes, so is always working in your interests.
- Benefit from two years of member-only access to the results of the new knowledge and solutions we co-create in response to sector and institutional strategic priorities.
Upcoming Member Events (England and Northern Ireland)
- The Athena SWAN Networking Events scheduled for 24 March, 25 March, and 1 April will now be replaced by a virtual event (date tbc)
- The Race Equality Charter Networking (North) Event scheduled for 1 July (along with the as yet unscheduled South event) will be replaced by a virtual event (date tbc)
- The Athena SWAN Enhancing Practice event scheduled for 14 May will be reconfigured to support virtual participation and will still run on 14 May.
- The REC Enhancing Practice event scheduled for 28 May will be reconfigured to support virtual participation and will still run on 28 May.
If you have any questions about these changes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Member Events (Wales)
- The project meeting for the Wales Higher Education Wellbeing Initiative (WHEWI) on 1st April will be postponed, with elements delivered online and via 1:1 engagement.
- Plans are in place to move Welsh member networks to be held remotely and with conversations supported online via Advance HE Connect. This includes upcoming Welsh Institutional Group (WIG) and EDI network meetings scheduled for 13 and 14 May, respectively, as well as the Organisational and Staff Development (OSD) network on 19 May.
If you have any queries relating to member events in Wales please contact Wales@advance-he.ac.uk
Upcoming Member Events (Scotland)
- The Getting to Grips with Principal Fellowship event (previously scheduled for 24 March) will be now be delivered online on Thursday 14 May. Registered participants should already have received relevant information about this.
- Module three of the Scottish Academic Leadership Programme, scheduled for the 26 March, will be postponed, allowing it and subsequent modules to be delivered virtually later this year.
- The Organisational Development/Leadership themed event will be delivered online on Thursday 28 May (2-4pm). Further information has been distributed to our named Leadership Contacts at each institution.
If you have any queries relating to member events in Scotland please contact Scotland@advance-he.ac.uk