The Research Leadership Development Programme addresses the challenge of contemporary research leadership by developing confident and authentic leaders who are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to promote effective research culture.
This highly interactive and discursive programme focuses on the leadership of initiatives and teams that develop, enhance or transform research in higher education, acknowledging that the key to successful transformation is inclusive and engaging leadership, teamwork and collaboration.
Key areas of development include:
- essential leadership skills
- managing performance and navigating difficult conversations
- supporting and leading change: from individual to team
- resilience and wellbeing: for you and others.
- Places must be booked by Friday 27 May.
- This programme is aligned to the Researcher Development Framework and Concordat to Support the Development of Researchers.
- Participants will engage with peers from across the sector.
Cohort 1 dates
20 June 2022
4 July 2022
Cohort 2 dates
6 July 2022
13 July 2022
Who should attend?
The programme is aimed at mid-career researchers who wish to develop their research leadership skills, share practice, ideas, and engage in opportunities for networking and collaboration. This may include those leading research initiatives and/or teams within departments, schools and faculties. The programme welcomes participants from all disciplinary backgrounds.
The programme consists of three half-day modules, delivered through online sessions supported by online resources and independent study and reflection:
Module 1: Me and my research
Module 2: Our team
Module 3: Institution and culture
Adding to Advance HE's support for research leaders
The RLDP programme adds further to Advance HE's support for research leaders. It runs alongside the highly established, Research Team Leadership (RTL) programme. RTL is a highly focused and practical two day programme with learning outcomes linked to the application of key leadership and management skills. Key differentiators of the Research Leadership Development Programme (RLDP) include:
- the programme incorporates further elements of equality, diversity and inclusion and research leadership
- it is aimed at those in Co-Investigator or new Principal Investigator roles. It is also useful for those returning to research leadership after a period of absence
- it is a large scale programme involving participants from many different institutions and disciplinary backgrounds
- the programme is focused on the link between individual research leadership, teams, and culture.