We are looking to help our members develop and share innovative practice which might not otherwise attract full funding support within a university or higher education college.
Previously, funding was available in the form of Advance HE's Small Development Projects (SDPs), which were launched in 2004. In 2020 we are now able to offer this potential funding to all Advance HE Members in the UK and Ireland in the updated form of Good Practice Grants.
Following the successful adoption of new formats for SDP outputs in 2019, including infographics, film and animation, we are looking for projects that utilise similarly creative approaches and mediums.
We are no longer accepting applications for Good Practice Grants 2020
What are we interested in?
This year’s project themes cover the main three areas of Advance HE with leadership, equality and diversity, and teaching and learning.
We are particularly interested in:
- Good practice in inclusive leadership: What works?
- Fostering a sense of belonging for staff and students: What works?
- Successful transitions: What works for different student groups?
- you must be part of an Advance HE member organisation in the UK or Ireland
- funding is available from £100 to £4,000 depending on the format
- submission deadline: applications are now closed for Good Practice Grants 2020
- applicants will be notified of submission outcomes by 5pm (GMT) Friday 28 February 2020
Who should apply?
There are two strands of funding to apply for these are:
What Works case studies – outputs are publishable items based on work that has been completed and demonstrates good practice. Funded on a per item basis up to £1000 per application.
Solution-based proposals – a longer study of a current issue with submission of a report in July 2020, reports will be in an agreed format by Advance HE. Funded up to £4000 per application.