- When is the deadline for submitting applications?
- Can we request an extension to the deadline?
- Do we need to submit hardcopies of the applications?
- Is a fee charged for submissions?
- Where can I find more information on gold award applications?
Appeals and Objections
- Is there a way for an individual to challenge or object to an award?
- Does a department lose its award during a University-level grace period?
Support from Advance HE
- What training does Advance HE provide panellists for peer review panels?
- Should we apply for a Bronze or Silver department award?
- How do we decide whether to submit as a department, school or faculty?
- What happens if two departments merge?
- How should we include clinical and/or allied health professionals in our staffing data?
- If we already hold an award, do we need to complete the full application again?
Word limits and URLs
- Can we request an extension to the word count?
- Are we allowed to include URLs in submissions?
- Is it possible to get extra words to consider the impact of COVID-19?
- How recent does the data presented have to be for November and April submission rounds?
- Under the new GDPR guidelines, can we collect, store and monitor personal information, including around recruitment activities?
- Where can our institution or department collect data to inform our work supporting trans people?
- When should we use benchmarking data and what should we consider?
- Where can we find external benchmarking data?
Professional and support staff
- How do we include professional and support staff (PSS) in Departmental submissions if our staff are centralised/ consolidated or Faculty managed?
- Where should professional and support staff be included in the application?
- Why are we asking institutions to consider intersectionality in their Athena Swan application?
Including previous action plans in applications and Project Juno
- How do we apply if we are a physics department with Juno Champion status?
Further guidance can also be found in the documentation provided in our Athena Swan resources information pack.