The Essentials of Budgeting online e-learning course is free for Advance HE members.
This course is predominantly aimed at middle managers working in higher education is also relevant for people in the following situations if you are:
- Someone about to start work on next year's budget and feel you could do with a refresher course
- A new manager asked to manage a budget you have inherited from someone else
- A manager asked to produce a budget for the first time
- A manager of long standing who has not yet got fully to grips with how variances work
- A university governor wanting to know about the system that produces the figures they are given
- A finance professional looking to up-skill colleagues in their team or supporting departments
- Someone interested in understanding the budgeting process
This course consists of six modules, and should take four or five hours to complete.
Module 1: Introduction to Budgeting
Module 2: What is a budget and why have one?
Module 3: How to produce a budget
Module 4: Your budget
Module 5: Using a budget
Module 6: Review
Accessing the course
Advance HE Members can access the course material by downloading the information sheet below. (You will be required to enter your institutional email address in order to download the information sheet.)
Each module can then be accessed by using the links provided in the information sheet.