Leading Virtual and Disconnected Teams (LVDT) is an online programme supporting those leading large teams or departments in providing connected leadership in a disconnected world.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has added to the complexity of true leadership. Campus closures, social lockdown and enforced working from home has brought about disruption, displacement and disconnection: the disruption of work patterns and activities, the displacement of teams and departments, and the disconnection of colleague relationships.
Leading Virtual and Disconnected Teams has been designed in response to these challenging times and has been developed to support colleagues to take stock of their team or departmental leadership and review their approach to influencing in a virtual world. You can find out more and read a testimonial from a previous delegate by downloading our information sheet below.
Leading Virtual and Disconnected Teams is delivered online in three half-day modules.
Module One: 9 February 2021
Module Two: 2 March 2021
Module Three: 19 March 2021
Who is the programme for?
Leading Virtual and Disconnected Teams has been designed for those leading large teams or departments in higher education. The programme is ideal for colleagues who are a head of department, centre or service in either a professional or an academic role, or for those leading a large unit or cross-disciplinary/functional project team.
The programme is also relevant for colleagues leading teaching or research teams as part of a wider academic role and those with thematic responsibilities.
How is the programme delivered?
Leading Virtual and Disconnected Teams is delivered online in three half-day modules. Each module aims to help move you through rediscovering your own leadership and resilience through to reexpressing purpose and commitment.
Rediscovering leadership in a new and changing world
Reconnecting teams in a new and changing world
Reexpressing purpose in a new and changing world
The programme is also supported by a dedicated Advance HE Connect Group, to share resources and facilitate collaborative discussions amongst participants between the modules. To enhance the impact of the modules and increase the emphasis on discussion-based, discovery learning, some materials will also be provided in advance of the modules for review and reflection.
You can find out more detailed information about the modules by downloading our information sheet below.
What are the programme outcomes?
Participants of Leading Virtual and Disconnected Teams will have had the opportunity to:
- Engage with a balance of practical approaches and conceptual ideas in relation to virtual leadership
- Reflect upon your identity and purpose as a leader and how you connect with both your teams and organisations in this fast-changing world
- Explore the importance of congruence between values and actions for high impact leadership
- Consider techniques for self-management and sustainable resilience
- Discuss the challenges of influence and communication in a virtual world
- Translate the core principles and practices of effective team leadership to more disconnected and disbursed work scenarios
- Review the essentials for team engagement, relationships, trust and creating clarity around goals and expectations
- Discuss the importance of focus, purpose, motivation and culture for collective commitment
- Think creatively about how to take advantage of technology
- Share experiences of leading in a more disconnected institutional landscape.
To find out more by downloading our information sheet and testimonial by a previous participant, or if you have any questions about the programme please complete the form below. If you are ready to book, you can view pricing and booking details here.