Our Survey takes place at the same time each year among a directly comparable undergraduate sample, enabling us to measure genuine like-for-like changes. This year’s results highlight a number of positive shifts in student opinion, with evidence that the university experience is largely a challenging but rewarding one, albeit with some students who do not see things in such a positive light:
- Perceptions of value-for-money have increased significantly for the second year in a row.
- Teaching quality and assessment have both improved strongly.
- Levels of wellbeing continue to be well below those of the general population of young people.
- Although respondents were not widely against the concept of a two-year accelerated degree, neither was it greeted with particular enthusiasm.
- Overall, results this year shine light on a student cohort that is realistic about the costs of going to university and recognises when they are challenged positively and receive good value as a result.
Download the full report below.