This page will cover FAQs for the following areas:
- Applying under the transformed Athena Swan scheme
- Award length and extensions
- Renewals process
- Assessment process
- System developments
- Other queries
Applying under the transformed Athena Swan framework
• How long do you expect it to take us to be ready to apply under the transformed Charter?
• Do we have to apply using the new application forms? When can we no longer use the Post-May 2015 application form?
• We do not have an award under the post May criteria. Can we go straight ahead and apply using the transformed criteria and application materials?
• Do I have to apply at Bronze level if I am a first-time applicant?
• When can we use the culture survey?
• Will there be an additional word allowance to cover extenuating circumstances?
• What changes are being made to how forms are submitted?
• Are professional, technical and operational staff included in the transformed charter?
• Can we apply as a faculty?
• How should we decide whether to apply as a faculty or department?
• Do faculties receive extra words?
Award length and extensions
• Can I get an extension to my award so that I can use the new form?
• Who will be assessing my application?
• How long before I get my results and feedback?
• What support will members be offered to understand and use the transformed application materials?
• How will you be supporting us to be successful in our applications?
• Does the transformed Athena Swan charter include applicants from the Republic of Ireland?