In the past few months the higher education sector has faced unprecedented challenges. While gathering and reflecting the student voice has always been critical, it has arguably become even more necessary in these times to ensure the quality of the student experience as it evolves.
Surveys, measurement tools, qualitative research and other techniques have a key role to play in capturing and understanding feedback from students and staff. The wider insight generated from these techniques can in turn deliver creative solutions with real impact.
This conference was delivered via our virtual conference platform. The programme included a live keynote speaker, parallel workshops, oral presentations and discussion, plus on-demand oral presentations and a virtual poster exhibition.
Join the conversation at #SurveyConf21
Date: 28 April 2021
Who: All higher education professionals
The conference provided an opportunity to:
- showcase insights from surveys, bringing together keynote speakers, panels, on-demand oral presentations, posters and virtual workshops to explore real examples of innovative approaches to gathering feedback from undergraduates, postgraduates and staff
- to discuss and debate the potential of insight from surveys, metrics, qualitative research and wider methods of capturing the voice of the student for driving excellence and enhancement within higher education
- network and help foster discussions which will be beneficial across the sector.
Why you should be there
Maddie Pitkin, Research & Insights Executive, Advance HE, discussed some of the highlights of the conference.
The overarching theme for the conference was Adapting to challenging times and it addressed the following thematic areas:
Adapting to challenging times
Measuring the quality of learning
The BAME student experience gap
A digital conferencing experience
This year's Surveys & Insights Conference was delivered online on our virtual conference platform. This provided delegates with a flexible, immersive and engaging digital experience where they could develop their practice, share their ideas and grow their network. All delegates had access to the following features:
- a full day of live-streamed sessions of speakers, panel discussions and workshops
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments during all sessions
- full online support throughout the day
- flexibility to attend sessions at leisure with access to all session recordings after the conference allowing delegates to browse and catch up on anything that may have missed
- a virtual poster exhibition space where delegates could explore case studies and innovative approaches from the sector
- opportunity to interact with other delegates from around the world in a virtual networking space
Dr Camille Kandiko Howson, PhD (PFHEA)
Dr Camille Kandiko Howson is an Associate Professor of Education in the Centre for Higher Education Research & Scholarship (CHERS) at Imperial College London.
Camille is an international expert in higher education research with a focus on student engagement; student outcomes and learning gain; quality, performance and accountability; and gender and prestige in academic work.
EvaSys has been a market-leading supplier of survey and exam solutions for over 20 years, with 1000+ customers worldwide, two-thirds of whom are education institutions, and 60+ Universities within the UK and Ireland.
EvaSys delivers: high survey response rates; extensive academic and student engagement; evaluation consistency; instant reporting to inform decisions; and powerful, flexible reporting for all stakeholders.
EvaExam assessments provide: secure, online, proctored exams; summative assessments and formative tests; immediate reporting with question analysis and mark distribution; reductions in marking time from days to hours; and accelerated results for students.
The UK office offers dedicated account, implementation, training and customer support to clients across the UK and Ireland, supported by development, technical and training teams in Germany.
At Explorance, we believe that each experience matters. From students in higher education to employees at the workplace, feedback is vital to the lifelong learner's journey. That's why Explorance's mission is to help organisations create a personalised journey of impact and fulfillment for their people through innovative Experience Management (XM) solutions.
The Blue Student Experience Management platform offers a single source of truth from a centralised process. Blue is purpose-built to fully automate all major student feedback gathering initiatives - institutional surveys, course evaluations, competency assessments, alumni surveys – all on one platform.